The Atom Probe allowing routine, high-performance 3D nanoanalysis both for research and industry.
Built on 30 years of success in Atom Probe Tomography instrumentation and applications, CAMECA has developed EIKOS ™, the Atom Probe microscope for the agile development of alloys and the materials research at the nanoscale.
EIKOS atomic probe offers:
- 3D tomography with nanoscale characterization of nanostructures
- Single atom detection with high efficiency and high spatial resolution
- Equal sensitivity to all elements and their isotopes
- Quantitative composition measurement (from sub-nm up to near micron scale)
- Available in voltage or voltage & laser configurations
- Standard specimen preparation methods
EIKOS is available in 2 configurations:
The base EIKOS system incorporates a reflectron design to provide excellent mass resolving power and signal to noise. A pre-aligned integrated counter electrode ensures ease of use and high reliability. The voltage pulsing system provides very high data quality on a wide variety of metallurgical applications.
The fully configured EIKOS-UV system combines all the outstanding features of the base EIKOS (voltage pulsed, reflectron based functionality, prealigned counter electrode) and adds a fully integrated 355 nm laser pulsing module with computer controlled focused spot design to provide access to a larger application range.
The base EIKOS system is field upgradable to the EIKOS-UV.